Monday, May 7, 2012

He Lifts Me Up

As you might already know, this is my 3/4 dance competition this year. One of my New Year Resolutions was to do my best at e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g even if I didn't want to. So, trying hard to fulfill that resolution, I worked very hard everyday on my solo and other exercises that was week. I was starting to loose hope when I watched the video on my iPod of my solo [we ask Miss Linda to tape it so we can practice] and I caught many mistakes. I was also down because I was born with "flat feet" which makes it harder to dance... but I love dance. And so I tried on. My first competition I lost at 2nd place...there was only one other girl in my category... second competition I got 3rd, and on Saturday I didn't know because judication was two hours after I danced. So I texted. I texting my friend who was there and she said, "Guess who got second!" Once again I felt defeat. And then another text came through... my competitor! That only meant one thing... I had gotten first! My first solo, and first! Miss Linda, my teacher emailed later and said that I had also won Overall Award! I was astonished. God really blessed me. I started to cry. I felt God's overwhelming joy that He gives at the last minute when all seems hopeless. Tonight I go to dance to practice, and tonight I get the award, and tonight I dance with even more joy and passion I've ever had before... and tonight, I praise God. The One who makes all things possible.

"Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say, rejoice!" Philippians 4:4
~Meghan

P.s I was halfway [5 LONG paragraphs] through the post I told you I was going to write about the car accidents when I pressed the add photo button and it automatically deleted my whole draft. I tried everything, but I couldn't get it back. I sat back in my chair and immediately i realized that God doesn't want me to ponder and type the bad things that have happened to me, but to share the good things that have come out of it. I don't want to remember them, and so I "shake on it" and tell you the inspiring things, and the things that God has done from trusting in Him.

2 comments:

Nizar & Ema said...

Congrats Meghan!
I am so happy for you - you deserve the best. I know it is important to win and we always aim for that ~ but even if sometimes it doesn't happen for any reason, you remember that you dance and worship HIM and the talent that you have it will touch lots of people and change their hearts.

See you Sunday.
Emma

Nizar & Ema said...

Congrats Meghan.
You deserve all the happiness, I know how you feel. Thank God for all the talents he has given you~ that's why we give it all to HIM by praising His Mighty Name :)


Emma