Alyssa {live.love.craft} and I got together {not really... over e-mail} and we typed. Not just your every, I don't know what to say type, like I am now, but it flowed. So here I bring to you a Q&A with Alyssa:
Q: Why did you start your blog?
A: In the beginning I started it just because I thought having a blog was cool. After a year or so I decided that I should just make it into a craft blog, considering that I had been doing so many crafts :)
Q: Did you ever feel like nobody was reading your blog, and you should just give up blogging?
A: So, SO many times. I would go on good streaks when everyone was commenting and pageviews went wayy up, and I would go on bad streaks when I’d post a tutorial and get no response. It really gets you down sometimes but pushing through it was so worth it to me!
Q: Why do you find so much enjoyment in crafts?
A: Just being able to make nearly whatever I can imagine in my mind come to life with my hands is something that you just can’t top. :)
Q: Do you think crafts will be a big part of your future, or just a hobby?
A: Probably just a hobby, I like to jump around and do different things all the time and I don’t think I’d ever be able to make anything for long enough that I could make a business out of it.
Q: How do want your blog to impact other people?
A: I don’t know. I want it to be an uplifting place that inspires people to go be what they want to be. Sometimes you have to go against the grain. When I started craft blogging the only other craft blogs were by adult women. Nobody expected anything good to come out of a 13 year old girl’s blog. But I think I surprised them a little bit :p
Q: How does God fit into all of this?
A: I try to do everything in my life around God. A blog is a place where you can reach millions of people all over the earth; so I love adding little bits about God in here and there. He made us to praise Him and spread the Word and I can do it little by little through my blog. The blogs that are all about God certainly have an honorable place in the Internet, but the people who follow them already know God. When I get to talk about God on my blog I’m reaching a whole new crowd. :)
Q: What is your favourite craft that you've done, or are looking forward to doing?
A: My favorite craft I’ve done has got to be my paint chip wreath. :) The thing I’m looking forward to most right now is finishing up my room re-do :D
Q: What is your favourite thing to do besides crafting?
A: Playing volleyball. Last summer I was at the beach and everyone was playing volleyball but I’d never touched one. I was so bad it was embarrassing. I’ve never played any sports so that day I decided that I would learn one sport and be good at it. Last fall I joined our church’s 8th grade team league and after that I tried out for a club and made it. Right now I’m playing in a silver club summer league and I haven’t even been playing for a year :) My goal is to be in a gold league in a year or two!
Q: being homeschooled, does crafting take up most of your extra time?
A: Pretty much. I’m pretty much always making something or planning something. :)
Q: being homeschooled, does crafting take up most of your extra time?
A: Pretty much. I’m pretty much always making something or planning something. :)
Q: Does your crafts fill the house, or are limited to your own room?
A: Haha oh boy… they fill the house! Mom got tired of me leaving my crafting supplies all over the counters so she dedicated a whole cabinet for my supplies in our kitchen :) other than that I have stuff strewn out all over the place!
Q: How old were you when you first found you were interested in crafting?
A: I’ve always been into art and stuff which is why I think I’m a big crafter. I really just love anything artsy! So I guess since I was about 2.
A: I’ve always been into art and stuff which is why I think I’m a big crafter. I really just love anything artsy! So I guess since I was about 2.
Q: Any other notes you want people to know about you and/or your blog?
A: Not really, only that currently my blog is taking a small break because of my hectic life. This summer I’m going to be volunteering 5 days a week from 8-4 for six weeks and I play volleyball twice a week with conditioning early every morning! So I really have no time, unfortunately!
Thanks so much, Alyssa! That was a lot of fun :)
If you want to know any more about Aly, click here!
Love and blessings,
Meghan
7 comments:
Loved it!
Thanks Syd, also i am about to do a guest post on Aly@livelovecraft 's blog so if you liked this one, go check out her's when it's finished!
Thanks Syd, also i am about to do a guest post on Aly@livelovecraft 's blog so if you liked this one, go check out her's when it's finished!
Alyssa is my best friend... Like, in the real world ;) everything she says is truth. Love her to death!
Sophie.
That's awesome!
Thanks for stopping by, Sophie!
Love and blessings,
Meghan
Awesome post, Meg and Alyssa! God bless ya both!
You've been awarded! Check it out: http://themaretzkifamily.blogspot.ca/2012/08/a-tag.html
Post a Comment