Thursday, January 26, 2012

Of my new life {and random sillies}

Emily came to my bedside and said, "when i'm afraid i do two things. I pray, and read my Bible under my covers {like a fort} with a flashlight." She left me empty handed and i felt like i was missing out on something. God soon thrusted a finished light bulb of triumph over my head because He's been working on it for weeks and i  didn't care to help. I've felt empty'ish for a while, pondering over how i can make my life like hers, and making endless lists of what i need to make my life perfectly the way he shows it. I had full intention to read my Bible more... it's even on my "2012 Bucket List", but i didn't actually do it. God went ding and I went ohh. Seriously Meghan. Don't be stubborn, pray.






Emily came back and put the "flashlight" {aka Oliver's toy ambulance top light} she used into my hand. I nod like the start of an adventure sayin', "let's go you can do it and save the princess in the end" type, and throw my feet to the grind and grab my Bible. I open it on my lap like it's a sacred gem, and press the button to the flashy-thing. And you may think I might have looked silly reading by toy-light, but God never said there was an age limit to play.

I love asking God to show me something new in the Bible that's really cool, and that would encourage my life in Him, but this time I brought Molly in to hear from the Lord. We've done it before and it's actually really fun! She lays, and I lay, both talking to the same God at the same time but separate questions. I want Molly to get a verse from Him. Something life changing. Molly asks for some random book name and number. She's done and says God put in her heart: Psalm 21:6. Doing this activity is really rewarding and encouraging you to truly live in the way He wants. 
Later He prompts my to read John 2:14&16. Now she nor I knows these verses, so it's not like it just popped in our heads 'cause we memorized where it was from. No, but I wish i knew all the Book through and through. God just gives us the number and loves me that way. Do it with your siblings! Or yourself along in which I do most of the time. People get different things out of one exact verse or even a simple word {that's why there's many definitions for one word} depending on their personality and what speaks to their hearts. In Psalm 21:6, God told me that I should be glad and actually strive to read the Bible. Like a thirst quenching. {see for yourself}. Also, I have to stop jealousy and dwell on my eternal blessings. Please don't be happy when some is envying you... feel sorry for them. <<That was like the greeting of God's message to me.
In John 2:14&16, He told me bluntly to stop using church as a socialization morning and to truly learn and be a sponge to all the teacher says. I have all week and Sunday night to socialize. << That was like the actual message part of my message from God... so what's the ending? All these days of fulfilling God plan. And sticking to my new years resolution better. You can tell i'm a sinner when i have this list written big on my wipe off board in my room and i am OKAY at keeping it. I'm good at these things! Keeping lists. But the change of ways are a little harder. BUT WE CAN DO HARD THINGS if we put our minds to it. YOU CAN DO THE IMPOSSIBLE. ERASE IMPOSSIBLE FROM YOUR VOCABULARY. Because if God says it's not a word, you say it's not a word. If you believe in Him that is. This is what 2012 should feel life.

Love and blessings,
Meghan

I felt like and atheist, but now I'm new.
-me {January 24, 2012}

P.s. To spunk it up a little, I will be releasing Oliver's {my little brother} first music video ever within this week/weekend. It's not professionally done, but he suddenly started singing a song he created {varies every time(: } and i thought i'd turn it into a music video. It is called, "God Loves Me". So stay tuned and enjoy! 

P.p.s His new thing is rubbing his beard {chin} while thinking and sayin' i can't hear him when my Mom says, "one second, Uncle Kevin's trying to talk to me" :)
P.p.p.s {can't stay off this thing} new design coming soon!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love posts like this, Meghan. You'll never be sorry you started studying God's word...he's amazing.

Meghan said...

I agree full heartedly! He IS amazing. Thanks for stopping by!

Love and blessings,
Meghan